- Year Founded: November 2009 in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Services Offered: Management, spec-consulting and brokering of projects for deconstruction. Deconstruction, or unbuilding, is the practice of disassembling a building for component re-use or re-sale of architectural and construction materials and provide the client with a potential financial or a LEED or Green benefit.
- Union Affiliation(s): Utilize MBE sub-contractor and union subs; prevailing wage is available.
- Financial Capacity: Up to $800,000; subcontractor(s) will agree to indemnify the owner and DMI; subcontractors will obtain and maintain property and liability insurance and workers compensation insurance extending coverage to owner and DMI as additionally insured.
- Workforce availability: 2 office employees and sub-contractors.
- Memberships: NEO Chapter of USGBC, e4s and Associate of BOMA Cleveland.
We hope that this information will be satisfactory for understanding what we offer and what we have done. WE can also plan a ‘selective’ or ‘hybrid’ deconstruction prior to any demolition; (IF the property warrants it with a financial return and if the owner approves).
Deconstruction Management, Inc. is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides consulting and project management services for property owners in an effort to facilitate the successful deconstruction of a structure. We focus primarily on material reclamation for the purposes of reuse, resale and repurpose. We can also assist with waste management guidelines. Our process includes:
- Provide a deconstruction viability assessment to determine the value of any potential architectural salvage (ancillary to scrap materials).
- Draft deconstruction specifications to be included in a demolition request for proposal.
- Supervise deconstruction to ensure maximum reclamation targets are achieved.
- Manage the inventory of reclaimed materials for the purposes of reuse and resale.
- Generate a financial return to the property owner through either the sale or donation of reclaimed building material.
- Document the redirection of any salvaged items in a “chain of evidence” packet eligible for earning LEED credits.
- Union, non-union and prevailing wage requests available.